Terry Davis is the Code Enforcement Officer in the City of Clyde.
Code enforcement is an effort to help keep the City of Clyde safe and clean. By investigating complaints and inspecting properties within the city, we are able to enforce City ordinances related to nuisances and zoning violations.
View Clyde's City Ordinances HERE or go to http://codes.franklinlegal.net/clyde-flp
The most common code violations include an accumulation of junked vehicles, high grass and weeds, and trash and rubbish.
The City is authorized to pursue criminal and civil remedies to abate nuisances within Clyde.
Download a Code Enforcement Complaint form HERE.
In Person: 222 Oak Street, Clyde, TX 79510
By Mail: PO Box 1155,â€¨Clyde, TX 79510
Send me an Email HERE
CODE ENFORCEMENT Q & A
1. My neighbor won't clean-up/mow his property, who do I call?
You can contact the Code Enforcement Department for all these matters at
325-893-3712 or 325-893-4234.
2. I got a red tag on my door, what do I have to do now?
Most red tags are warnings and can be worked out with a phone call. Contact the Code Enforcement Department at 325-893-3712 or 325-893-4234 and we will help explain your violation. We strive to work together and resolve these violations.
3. What is considered a junk vehicle?
Ordinance # 2006-003 Section 1.01
Definitions d. Junked Vehicles means a vehicle that is self-propelled and:
(1) does not have lawfully attached to it: (A) an unexpired license plate, and a valid motor vehicle inspection certificate; and (2) is: (A) Wrecked, dismantled or partially dismantled, or discarded; or (B) inoperable and has remained inoperable for more than: (I) 72 consecutive hours, if the vehicle is on public property; or (ii) 30 consecutive days, if the vehicle is on private property.
4. How often do I have to mow my yard and do I have to mow the back yard?
Ordinance # 2006-006 Section I (a) does not allow grass and weeds to exceed a height of twelve (12) inches tall.
Ordinance# 2008-005 Section 6 Alley Maintenance.
Citizens are responsible for streets and alleys from the centerline of each for maintaining those areas free of debris and overgrowth.
5. When do I need a building permit?
You will need a building permit on all new construction and on all remodels over twenty thousand dollars (20,000.00). The cost of a building permit is fifty (50.00) dollars and it can be obtained at City Hall.